MORE2 – Kansas City, MO
Metro Organization for Racial and Economic Equity, MORE2, is one of the greater KC area’s leading social justice organizations working to ensure the passage of public policy and systemic change through voter engagement, leadership training and development, and public action. This is a new position for a community organizer in Kansas City, MO to further a new grant funded project.
- Organize leaders around Health Disparity issues in KCMO, initially engaging in the existing work of getting Medicaid Expansion on the state-wide ballot.
- Identify, with community, 1-3 winnable policy solutions and develop a strategy to ensure victory
- Lead and organize Integrated Voter Engagement Plan in a target area, specifically around lower income communities of color
- Recruit, mobilize, train and develop leaders from faith community and those personally impacted by disparities.
The ideal candidate will possess an undergraduate degree in social work, human services, public policy or a related profession; have a somewhat flexible schedule; be highly motivated and a self-starter; be able to lead and move large group discussions; be willing to work as a part of a team; be comfortable in a variety of settings. Campaign, voter engagement, organizing and/ or advocacy experience is preferred.
- Annual salary of $42,500 with opportunity for increase
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter to:
Lora McDonald, Executive Director, MORE2
NO PHONE CALLS
Metro Organization for Racial and Economic Equity, Inc. MORE2 is a proud and powerful affiliate of Gamaliel Network.
Use the Directory to schedule an informational interview with an organizer or president
Candidates may be invited to attend Gamaliel's National Leadership Training to learn more.