National Staff Job Openings
There are no positions with the Gamaliel National Staff available at this time.
Affiliate Job Openings
The Gamaliel Network is a faith-based, multi-ethnic, multi-racial organizing network operating in 44 regions in 15 states. Gamaliel’s foundation and strongest base comes from the membership of thousands of congregations, representing more than 20 faith traditions, though we have made a special effort to reach out to marginalized people who might not otherwise have found their way into our network and into our congregations. Over its 31-year history, Gamaliel has trained thousands of ordinary people, primarily in low-income urban neighborhoods, to exert their civic power to improve their lives and local communities. Gamaliel has grown into a national network dedicated to building a diverse corps of grassroots leaders from local congregations committed to transforming the systems and structures that perpetuate racial and economic inequities.
Our mission is to empower ordinary people to effectively participate in the political, environmental, social and economic decisions affecting their lives.
Working with an established group of community and faith-based leaders to build relationships, develop leadership skills and organize issue-oriented campaigns related to economic development, criminal justice, education, health care and immigration. Must be proactive in the areas of campaign development, fundraising and leadership development.
- Bachelor’s degree in related areas: Social Work, Political Science, Theology or History. Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- Experience as a community organizer or labor organizer.
- Experience working with diverse populations, including various faith traditions, immigrants, and different abilities is strongly desired.
- Understanding of racial and social systemic barriers.
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish and English is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills: oral, written and interpersonal.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Strong team player.
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Familiarity with using databases is desirable.
Please email cover letter and resume to
Juan F. Soto, Gamaliel Organizing Director [email protected]
No phone calls please
Use the Directory to schedule an informational interview with an organizer or president
Candidates may be invited to attend Gamaliel's National Leadership Training to learn more.