National Staff Job Openings
There are no national job listings at this time. Please refer to the list in the side bar for alternative job boards and career resources.
Affiliate Job Openings
Community Organizer - Metro Organization for Racial and Economic Equity, MORE 2
Metro Organization for Racial and Economic Equity, MORE 2 , is one of the greater KC area’s leading social justice organizations working to ensure the passage of public policy and systemic change through voter engagement, leadership training and development, and public action. This is a new position for a community organizer in the states of Missouri and Kansas to further a new grant funded project.
- Organize leaders personally impacted by incarceration.
- Identify, with leaders, 1-3 winnable policy solutions and develop a strategy to ensure victory
- Work in partnership with St. Louis affiliate staff/ MORE2 staff to develop a statewide/ bi state plan to recruit, train and organize leaders personally impacted by the incarceration/ felony convictions
The ideal candidate will be personally impacted by incarceration and possess an undergraduate degree in social work, human services, public policy or a related profession; have a somewhat flexible schedule; is highly motivated and a self-starter; can move large group discussions; is willing to work as a part of a team; is comfortable in a variety of settings. Organizing and/ or advocacy experience as is preferred.
- Annual starting salary of $40,000 to $42,500 with opportunity for increase
- Health Insurance
- Paid Vacation
Interested parties should send a resume and cover letter to
Lora McDonald, Executive Director, MORE 2
NO PHONE CALLS
Metro Organization for Racial and Economic Equity, Inc. MORE 2 is a proud and powerful affiliate of Gamaliel Network.
The Gamaliel Network is a faith-based, multi-ethnic, multi-racial organizing network operating in 44 regions in 15 states. Gamaliel’s foundation and strongest base comes from the membership of thousands of congregations, representing more than 20 faith traditions, though we have made a special effort to reach out to marginalized people who might not otherwise have found their way into our network and into our congregations. Over its 31-year history, Gamaliel has trained thousands of ordinary people, primarily in low-income urban neighborhoods, to exert their civic power to improve their lives and local communities. Gamaliel has grown into a national network dedicated to building a diverse corps of grassroots leaders from local congregations committed to transforming the systems and structures that perpetuate racial and economic inequities.
Our mission is to empower ordinary people to effectively participate in the political, environmental, social and economic decisions affecting their lives.
Working with an established group of community and faith-based leaders to build relationships, develop leadership skills and organize issue-oriented campaigns related to economic development, criminal justice, education, health care and immigration. Must be proactive in the areas of campaign development, fundraising and leadership development.
- Bachelor’s degree in related areas: Social Work, Political Science, Theology or History. Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- Experience as a community organizer or labor organizer.
- Experience working with diverse populations, including various faith traditions, immigrants, and different abilities is strongly desired.
- Understanding of racial and social systemic barriers.
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish and English is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills: oral, written and interpersonal.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Strong team player.
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Familiarity with using databases is desirable.
Please email cover letter and resume to
Juan F. Soto, Gamaliel Organizing Director firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please
Use the Directory to schedule an informational interview with an organizer or president
Candidates may be invited to attend Gamaliel's National Leadership Training to learn more.