National Staff Job Openings
Gamaliel Administrative and Executive Associate
Gamaliel is hiring a full-time Administrative and Executive Associate to work with the staff to coordinate various administrative and operations functions.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the Executive Director's calendar, including scheduling meetings and setting up Zoom appointments.
- Work with the Finance Director to answer general phone and email inquiries.
- Attend, gather materials for, and take notes at Board of Directors meetings. Communicate with members of the Board of Directors as needed.
- Manage Intern/part-time administrative staff as necessary.
- Training and Events:
- Manage online registration and prepare physical and online materials for national events and training.
- Assist the National Training Director in securing space for training (in person or online).
- Manage and plan travel and accommodations for essential personnel at various trainings, including national staff members and members of the Board of Directors.
- Write and distribute thank you letters to individual donors and funders, including coordinating the distribution of end of the year acknowledgement letters.
- Work with the Executive Director and Development team to implement an annual report for the Gamaliel Network.
- Maintain the database and email lists as necessary (EveryAction).
- Assist in all aspects of planning and executing fundraising events (1-2 a year).
- Draft and send email blasts to the network for training and events, through EveryAction.
- Maintain the database and email lists of organizers and affiliates both in EveryAction, and on the gamaliel.org member portal (WordPress).
- Contribute to the social media presence of Gamaliel.
- Maintain various tech platforms alongside the IT lead — Google Shared Drives, Gamaliel.org (WordPress), Gamaliel National Calendar (Google Calendar)
- The position is fully remote, candidates may be based anywhere in the U.S. The person hired for this position must have access to internet and the ability to meet over Zoom (laptop and phone will be provided for you upon hire).
- Working knowledge of or willingness and ability to learn various tech platforms including Google Suite, EveryAction, WordPress, and Zoom.
- Excellent communications skills are a necessity. Must be confident in your ability to manage email, phone, and text communications to coordinate various projects with a staff of 8 all working remotely.
- This position requires travel approximately 4-6 times a year for on-site trainings, and as needed for staff meetings and retreats. (This schedule is projected to resume in 2022, Gamaliel sponsored travel is not scheduled to start again until September 2021 at the earliest).
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus but is not necessary.
How to Apply
The position has a competitive salary, commensurate with experience. Gamaliel is an equal opportunity employer. Gamaliel is accepting resumes from April 22, 2021, until the position is filled. Submit a cover letter and a resume via email to [email protected] Use the subject line “Gamaliel Administrative and Executive Associate Application”.
Gamaliel Bilingual Support Staff (part-time)
Gamaliel is hiring a part-time translator to prepare Spanish documents and webpages for the network, including but not limited to, materials for the National Leadership Training in August 2021, the Ntosake gathering in September 2021, and the Race and Power event in November 2021.
About the Position — Primary Responsibilities and Duties
- Ability to create and prepare PowerPoint presentations, flyers, and webinar functions via Zoom.
- Manage and navigate presentation materials such as Google presentations and jamboards in Spanish for use during the training.
- Prepare and incorporate various founding documents in a bilingual and bicultural format that includes but is not limited to the Spanish Gamaliel National Training, Ntosake, and Race and Power Institute documents.
- Work with the IT Specialist to translate every aspect of the Gamaliel website which includes online portal that participants use during the training from English to Spanish.
- Make themselves available to national campaigns and local affiliates with needs of tech support in Spanish.
- Will work directly with the Training Team.
- Supervised by Ana Garcia Ashley, Executive Director.
- Approximately 15-20 hours a week, subject to change.
- Ability to meet with the planning team over Zoom, as necessary.
- Must be fluent in both English and Spanish.
- The position is fully remote, candidates may be based anywhere in the U.S.
How to Apply
The translator position has a competitive hourly rate, commensurate with experience. Gamaliel is an equal opportunity employer. Gamaliel is accepting resumes from April 13, 2021, until the position is filled. Submit a cover letter, three samples of Spanish translated materials, and a resume via email to [email protected]. Use the subject line “Gamaliel Bilingual Support Staff Application”.
Affiliate Job Openings
The Gamaliel Network is a faith-based, multi-ethnic, multi-racial organizing network operating in 44 regions in 15 states. Gamaliel’s foundation and strongest base comes from the membership of thousands of congregations, representing more than 20 faith traditions, though we have made a special effort to reach out to marginalized people who might not otherwise have found their way into our network and into our congregations. Over its 31-year history, Gamaliel has trained thousands of ordinary people, primarily in low-income urban neighborhoods, to exert their civic power to improve their lives and local communities. Gamaliel has grown into a national network dedicated to building a diverse corps of grassroots leaders from local congregations committed to transforming the systems and structures that perpetuate racial and economic inequities.
Our mission is to empower ordinary people to effectively participate in the political, environmental, social and economic decisions affecting their lives.
Working with an established group of community and faith-based leaders to build relationships, develop leadership skills and organize issue-oriented campaigns related to economic development, criminal justice, education, health care and immigration. Must be proactive in the areas of campaign development, fundraising and leadership development.
- Bachelor’s degree in related areas: Social Work, Political Science, Theology or History. Master’s degree preferred but not required.
- Experience as a community organizer or labor organizer.
- Experience working with diverse populations, including various faith traditions, immigrants, and different abilities is strongly desired.
- Understanding of racial and social systemic barriers.
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish and English is preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills: oral, written and interpersonal.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Strong team player.
- Experience in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Familiarity with using databases is desirable.
Please email cover letter and resume to
Juan F. Soto, Gamaliel Organizing Director [email protected]
No phone calls please
Use the Directory to schedule an informational interview with an organizer or president
Candidates may be invited to attend Gamaliel's National Leadership Training to learn more.