Civil Rights of Immigrants Campaign
Gamaliel's Civil Rights of Immigrants Campaign (CRI) is committed to working for equal opportunity and fair treatment of immigrants, refugees, and asylum seekers. Currently, we are calling on the Biden Administration to implement Complete Inclusive Immigration Reform for the 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the United States.
In a recent letter to President Biden, CRI outlined this urgent list of demands for Complete Inclusive Immigration Reform:
1. Moratorium on all deportations.
2. Free all detained immigrants who have no history of violence and/or who are at high risk from COVID-19.
3. Expand COVID-19 relief to include all undocumented immigrants.
4. Provide ALL undocumented essential workers protective status and work permits.
5. Expand and create permanent protections for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.
6. Create a pathway to citizenship.
7. Reverse Trump’s racist immigration policies: Remove the Public Charge Rule; remove practice of family separation at the border; restore family reunification as a priority in evaluating family petitions; reinstate Temporary Protection Status (TPS); remove the “Remain in Mexico” policy for asylum seekers; and restore application costs (Citizenship, LPR) to pre-Trump costs.
8. End the funding of private prisons that incarcerate undocumented immigrants. Close all detention centers.
9. End militarized funding of immigration enforcement; Hold ICE CBP/ agents accountable for abuses of power and include a quarterly accountability report; and abolish ICE from local law enforcement.
10. Address root causes of migration through financial inclusion and empowerment of remittances: Mobilize low cost remittance for savings bonds for development; invest in Sustainable employment in high migration sending communities; and focus on development to address climate change roots of migration.
Download our full letter to President Biden.
Watch the CRI's press conference to present our demands:
Latest News from CRI
Gamaliel affiliates to members of Congress: “Immigrants are as American as apple pie…and rice and beans!”
Gamaliel affiliates and supporters of Complete Inclusive Immigration Reform and the U.S. Citizenship Act of 2021 across the country joined together on Friday, July 2 and Tuesday, July 6 to tell their members of Congress that immigrants are as American as apple pie…and rice and beans! Members of Quad Cities Interfaith, WISDOM, SOPHIA (Waukesha, WI),…
In honor of Father’s Day and all undocumented fathers across the country, Gamaliel and the Civil Rights of Immigrants Coordinating Committee are holding a National Day of Phone Calls in support of the U.S. Citizenship Act of 2021 (H.R.1177/ S.348) on June 21, 2021. Gamaliel has committed to making 1,000 calls on June 21 —…
Gamaliel’s Civil Rights of Immigrants Campaign and Gamaliel of California held a Congressional Briefing May 12 to advocate for Complete Inclusive Immigration Reform (CIIR). CIIR is a set of demands that the Civil Rights of Immigrants Campaign put forward in a January, 2021 letter to President Joe Biden, including a moratorium on deportations, creating a…
Please join Gamaliel’s Civil Rights of Immigrants Campaign on April 29 at 6 p.m. CT (7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT) for El Día del Niño: Niños Migrantes No Acompañados (Children’s Day: Unaccompanied Migrant Children). On the 100th day of President Biden’s term in office, we’re taking action on behalf of the Unaccompanied Migrant Children who…
Gamaliel Responds to Targeted Attack Against Civil Rights of Immigrants Press Conference: “We Will Not Be Silenced”
The following is a statement issued on Thursday, January 21, 2021. You can download our press release here: Gamaliel Statement on Zoom Bombing Attack During a scheduled press conference by our Civil Rights of Immigrants campaign on January 21, 2021, the Gamaliel Network was the target of a Zoom bombing attack. We believe this…
Gamaliel leaders call on Incoming President Biden to prioritize the inclusion of undocumented essential workers in legislation
MEDIA ADVISORY FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 19, 2021 CRI Contact (English/Español): Pablo Tapia Gamaliel Civil Rights of Immigrants Chair [email protected] /(651) 208-7896 National Contact: Rev. Cynthia Owen Jarrold Gamaliel National Policy Director [email protected] /(913) 219-3198 Gamaliel leaders call on Incoming President Biden to prioritize the inclusion of undocumented essential workers in legislation and executive orders during the Administration’s…
Let’s also prioritize COVID-19 vaccinations for jails, prisons, and immigrant detention centers in this country!
Now it the time to take action to secure vaccinations for the incarcerated in this country! On December 11, the Food and Drug Administration issued the first emergency use authorization for a COVID-19 vaccine. Since then, FDA has issued a another emergency use authorization for a second COVID-19 vaccine. The Centers for Disease Control and…