National Leadership Training, Memphis Tennessee
ABOUT THIS COURSE: The focus of this training is for you to reflect upon what it means to be a leader in the public arena. Effective leadership is imperative if transformation is to take place in your organization, community, or congregation. The emphasis throughout will be on engagement with the participants along with some learning by doing, including hands-on skill practice sessions and feedback from peers and faculty. There will be an opportunity to develop a plan of action for taking these skills back home. It will be to your benefit to be willing to take risks, try to practice new behaviors in dealing with others, re-examine your current strengths/weaknesses and be open to feedback. Our intention is to support your efforts in this regard by creating, during our time together, a learning community that emphasizes self-reflection, introspection, and mutual inquiry as the primary approaches to skill development.
MANDATORY PRE-COURSE ASSIGNMENTS: To prepare fully for this course, please complete the following tasks before coming to this training.
- Have a conversation with your Organizer/Sponsor and ask for specific feedback on your leadership behaviors and how your Organizer/Sponsor will know that there was an improvement in your skills. Ask them to complete the Sponsorship Form found in the Member Portal and review it with you.
- Complete the Leader’s Reflection Form. You will receive a link to this in your registration confirmation email.
- Read “The Melian Debate.” This passage is from the ancient Greek author Thucydides. This will be used on Monday of training, so read it carefully before that time and bring it with you. This will be included with your training packet in your confirmation email.
- For the Friday afternoon session read about the Montgomery Bus Boycott in “Wikipedia.” From the links at the end of the article read about the “Early Life” of Rosa Parks. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montgomery_bus_boycott.
- Submit Your Proof of Vaccination in advance of Registration.
Sunday February 26, 7:00 pm through Saturday March 4, 2022, 11:30am
All attendees of in-person events are required to submit proof of Covid-19 vaccination. This is a precautionary measure and in many instances a requirement by venues and meeting facilities.
Hotel Website: Marriott.com/MEMDS
The Training Conference Site is listed here for your information only. All arrangements regarding accommodations need to be made through the Gamaliel office. Please note that accommodations are double occupancy only. If you have special needs please list them on the training registration or call the Gamaliel office at – 312-357-2639
Hotel Info: https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/memds-sheraton-memphis-downtown-hotel/overview/
For driving directions click here.
Please see Gamaliel’s COVID Protocols here: https://gamaliel.org/post-19619/
Registration fees for training must be paid in full by the start of training on Sunday. Credit cards cannot be accepted on site.
Registration closes on (Wednesday) January 25, 2023. There will be no refunds for cancellations or no shows after this date.
If you do not show up for training OR cancel February 26, 2023 you will incur fees from the facility for room and board up to the cost of registration. If you have questions about your payment, call the Gamaliel office at 312-357-2639 ext 107. These are the discounted rates for participants from Gamaliel Affiliates:
a.) $850 for those who register and pay by 01/25/23
b.) Registrations after January 25 will require a MINIMUM $100 late fee.
If you wish to register after 01/25/23 please call the Gamaliel office (312) 357-2639.
These discounted rates apply to participants who are sponsored by Gamaliel affiliates. Participants from non-affiliate groups are charged the full rate, which are double these amounts. Please note your Gamaliel affiliate when registering.
A complete schedule and other information will be provided after registration via your training packet.
Online National Leadership Training, Entrenamiento en Español10/11/2023 - 10/24/2023